Friday, May 21, 2010

How do you Grow a Pine Tree?

My family wants to grow a nice big pine tree in our backyard. We live in the North East. Planted a mature pinecone, but nothing happened and it shriveled up. Is there a acertain stage in which you must plant the pinecone? Also, are there any special requirments for soil or planting? Thnx in advance =) =) =)

How do you Grow a Pine Tree?
If the ends were curled up the seeds already fell out . Go with a plant . A two or three year old usually 6 "to 10" inch tall . They like acid . You can get evergreen tree food . They like to be in the sand with a little loom on top . I live in NH . I just go in the woods . When they are too close together , they don't do anything anyways . Try spring hill.com for mail order.
Reply:I suggest that you get a seedling and plant it. Pines may grow slowly depending on the soil. I just thinned about 150 acres or so that have been planted over 15 years. The best I could get out of them was pulpwood. They should have been saw timber, but the ground had been cultivated if past years and was poor soil. Good luck.


No comments:

Post a Comment