Friday, May 21, 2010

My Norwegian Spruce shed a copious quantity of Pine Cones, what can I do with them?

My gigantic 100ft Norwegian Spruce had a bumper crop of pine cones this past year (More than I have ever seen during the 20 yrs I have lived here). During spring clean up we filled two 40 gallon containers with lots of nice pine cones..


Does anyone know if there is either a good use for these or a market to sell them?... I hate to just throw them into a landfill or incinerator facility.

My Norwegian Spruce shed a copious quantity of Pine Cones, what can I do with them?
Donate them to a local child care facility, to a senior center, to a local YMCA after school program, to your child's classroom, anywhere that children or older adults may use them for arts %26amp; craft projects.





It's good karma ;)





Jill Marie
Reply:xmas decorations,,,firewood,,,,,,,,mix in the soil to airate it,,,,,get the seeds out for cooking - pine nut seeds. etc.


No comments:

Post a Comment