Sunday, May 16, 2010

What sealer should I use for my pine fence?

We had a pine fence put up a couple of months ago and we've decided we'd better get around to protecting it soon. I don't want it to grey out. I went to Lowes today and bought some Olympic Maximum Semi Transparent sealer in what was supposed to be fir/pine color. In reality, it was more like a peachy pink. I took it back and was told that different stains look different on different types of wood. (I did manage to get my money back though). Now I'm not sure what to do. I don't want to change the look of the fence, so paint and solid sealers are out. I thought I wanted to do clear at first, but after looking into it found that clear sealers only last 2 years versus 5-7 years with the semi transparent, but for some reason the semi transparent has to be tinted. I'm not really sure what I'm looking for in an answer, but I just don't want to ruin my fence!

What sealer should I use for my pine fence?
Woodscapes by Sherwin-Williams is available as a slightly tinted sealer. They have the different shades displayed on different woods to give you an idea of what you are looking at. Use the oil based formula, it's MUCH better. Hope this helps.
Reply:you could also look at Thompson's water seal. just bring in a board or a piece and have them try it at the store.

Wisdom Teeth

No comments:

Post a Comment