Saturday, November 14, 2009

Baby pine tree problems!?

I have a tiny pine/cedar(?) tree it's brances aren't brown or anything but it feels really dry like the branches are kind of crispy. And the leaves are like light green not that green you see most of them look like. Also, when I bought it its roots were like in this little bag made out of material the roots can come out of and it was sideways 3/4 in the soil but it has a portion of the roots above the soil is this good or bad?


I don't know if my friend watered it or put it by a heater or something and hurt it.


So my questions are: Is the plants root supposed to be above the soil? Should I replant it, and if so with nice fertilized dirt or I heard trees like hardship so maybe dirt from outside? Should I put it outside or keep it inside (the weather is anywhere from 40-50 farhenheit and it has been really sunny lately.)

Baby pine tree problems!?
Julie


If it's a cedar, those little needles DO get a little crunchy in the winter. So don't worry yet.


However, none of the roots should be located above the soil line. It definitely needs to go deeper. All roots should be underneath the soil.


I'd wait until spring to plant it outdoors. Baby trees don't like "hardship", Hon; they need tenderness and lots of attention, just like any other baby plant.


Here's a tip Julie. Buy some garden sulpher from a local nursery or the garden department at a hardware store, and work about half a cup into the soil where you're going to plant your little tree. It will really "green up" your tree...evergreens LOVE this stuff! Oh, and be sure to water three times a week if you don't get rainfall...watering is very important in a tree's first season.

imax theater

No comments:

Post a Comment