Monday, November 16, 2009

Loblolly pine?

I live in the Tulsa area of Oklahoma and have five Loblolly pines that were planted here about three years ago. They have all received good watering for most of the time they have been in this clay ground. All are between 12 and 15 feet tall and seem to have done well in the growing season even through a bore attack. I recently fed them all milorganite under the drip line and watered that in pretty well and then we got a really cold spell with some snow and ice. Right now the trees are in various stages of turning yellow with the exception of the top few feet. I watered the two worst of these heavily the other day, but see no improvement at all. I know these are in the yellow pine family, but what I am seeing on these is very worrisome. They look like they are trying to die. Help!

Loblolly pine?
This is a job for experts. I suggest you contact the The Oklahoma Cooperative Extension Service which can identify resources to solve your problem. They offer, among others, Pest and Disease Diagnosis and Management services. Call 580-362-3194.





cc


No comments:

Post a Comment