Saturday, November 14, 2009

Found Subterranean termites swarming out of a Pine tree in my yard. Cause for worry?

This morning while working on my yard I noticed that subs were swarming out of a Pine tree in my yard. The tree is about 10-12 feet from my wood framed house. I know that the house had to be treated for termites about 5 years ago. I live in NE Florida and we basically have termites everywhere is we are the termite capital of the US. My question is, are the termites probably muching on the pine tree or did they just happen to surface there? The mudtubes were under the bark 4 feet off the ground so they're in the tree. Is this 50 foot pine in danger of falling?

Found Subterranean termites swarming out of a Pine tree in my yard. Cause for worry?
they are interested in the tree not your house


call an arborist to assess the damage and condition of the tree and get his input on what to do


No comments:

Post a Comment