Friday, November 13, 2009

What Type of Pine Tree Can I Use for Landscaping?

What type of pine tree is best for landscaping? Are there types that grow faster than others? Or I am open for other tree suggestions?





Some of my yard is fenced but there is a field in the back and I would like to grow a row of pine for privacy and to help block some of the North wind.

What Type of Pine Tree Can I Use for Landscaping?
Red pine (pinus resinosa) grows quickly (12-18 inches per year) to 20-30 feet high and is hearty in most climates with low maintenance and water requirement. They are pretty, though dead needles can be messy. Another of my favorites is Virginia juniper. They are lacy and smell wonderful after a rain. If you are in warmer climate, holly trees make a great windbreak.


No comments:

Post a Comment